Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Sunday, January 25, 2015

A godly maiden in the modern-day France―let us all encourage Caroline ardently!



Sisters, have you noticed that the Spirit of God is currently working and inviting god-fearing maidens from all parts of the world? This spiritual move is like a rapid torrent.

Regarding this, my friend Jessica told me as follows;

"I was stuck by how many women (and men) are suddenly hearing God’s voice speak to them about the covering command. For sure, we are sometimes far apart geographically, but are being called by the omnipresent Spirit of God at the same time! "

Today, I’d like to share with you the great encounter which God provided for me last week. As I was reading sister Tessa’s blog, one particular comment caught my attention.

A young maiden called Caroline from France had left a message, asking Tessa to give her permission to translate her testimony into French. From the content, I could sense that she was a serious Bible-believing Christian.

“A Bible-believing sister in the modern-day France? Lord, is it possible?” I was stunned. And then I was overjoyed.

Now I have lived in Europe for nearly ten years and I have seen the unfortunate spiritual depravity and indifference in the hearts of many European people. Historically speaking, ever since Paul planted the seed of the Gospel in Europe, it had been the spiritual center of Biblical Christianity. Many sincere prayers had been offered to heaven from the closets, kitchens, dungeons and forests. Many young missionaries had sailed for heathen lands and toiled for the sake of Christ and for the unsaved souls.

Then, what happened to Europe? It seems to me that people are much more interested in oriental religions, self-enlightenment, energy, yoga and new-age occults. They are very tolerant toward any kinds of religions and philosophies except the simple Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is a great intolerance and rejection toward Jesus Christ in the midst of  this “tolerant” society.

Jesus told us that “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head (Luke 9:58)”. Sadly, even today, He does not have a place to sleep nor rest because the hearts of the people are firmly shut toward Jesus. He is still looking for responsive hearts which welcome Jesus and lodge Him in their hearts.

But then I found a French sister called Caroline who dedicated herself to the Lord and made her heart a lovely, warm place for Jesus to lodge.

I wrote to her and started to correspond with each other. The more I’ve got to know her, the more I was impressed by her sincerity and her single-mindedness. Out of her passion to glorify Him by the way she dress, she started to open the site in French. (You can read her modest dress testimony here. You can read it in English by clicking google translation sign.)

She shared with me that she has been ridiculed from time to time because of her serious attitude about the dress and Christian living. Some people thought she was weird. No, Caroline, you are not weird. Your heart attitude and your dedication are so beautiful and worthy in the eyes of God.

We are your fellow pilgrims who share the same convictions and we would not let you feel alone. We will all support you and stand by you. The Kingdom of God is for those of you who have pure hearts and child-like simplicity.

Sisters, shall we all pray for our sister Caroline tomorrow? (On Monday, 26th Jan.; the day of prayer for headcovering sisters.) She started to cover her head quite recently and she needs our encouragement and support, for she is in the unsupportive environment. Let us visit her French blog and leave some lovely comments!

Also, let’s pray for the spiritual refreshment and restoration of the French speaking people. O Lord, rekindle the light which used to be twinkling like countless stars in the hearts of French souls! Please use Caroline’s blog for stirring up young maidens toward modesty, chastity and holy living for our Lord Jesus Christ. Let Thy Kingdom come in the midst of French-speaking people.

Lastly I will quote a spiritual poem of Therese of Lisieux (1873-1897), a French holy woman who is known as "The Little Flower of Jesus."

To live of love, 'tis by Thy life to live,
O glorious King, my chosen, sole Delight!
Hid in the Host, how often
Thou dost give Thyself to those who seek
Thy radiant light.

Then hid shall be my life, unmarked, unknown,
That I may have Thee heart to heart with me;
For loving souls desire to be alone,
With love, and Thee!
         -Therese of Lisieux-

Caroline's blog is here.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for your support dear sisters ! Yes, France really needs spiritual refreshment. It's one thing to feel different from unbelievers, but it's so much harder to feel quite lonely even among those who share the same faith ! We are little maidens, but how much power God put in our hands by allowing us to pray for each other ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms.Caro.I'm called Sanae,japanese christian whom Ms.Kinuko mentioned on this blog as an 'Asian headcovering sister'.Ms.Kinuko told me about you. I'm also the only one who cover head in my church.(I always use headband,sometimes in my house use scarf. May God keep you and bless your way. Once I was so impressed to read biography of Jeanne D'arc and Therese de Lisieux,to know their strong faith.
      May God bless France and french believers.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree with Caro! It IS "much harder to feel quite lonely even among those who share the same faith." The Bible tells us, "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement" (1 Cor. 1:10). I long for us to be joined together in the same mind, beginning with the true gospel of Christ, but not ending there! How beautiful if we could all agree with each other on things like modesty and headcovering, as well! But I believe that God is working in His bride, to purify her in preparation for Christ's coming. God is even now reviving hearts, softening them, and causing them to respond to His word!

    Thank you, Kinuko, for this beautiful article, and thank you, Caro, for your unswerving commitment to modesty, even though it is difficult!

    Your friend,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sanae and Jessica, thank you for your lovely and warm comments ! What a grace to find sisters all over the world with "a same mind and same judgment", both of you bring encouragements to me, thank you again. And I checked your blog Jessica, it is a great one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro, I also checked your blog, and I especially liked an article you wrote about wearing skirts in the winter. I enjoyed it very much!

      Thank you for your kind words!
      Jessica

      Delete
  4. Dear Kinuko, thanks for your words about our spiritually dark Europe. In John 1,5 it says :"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." The word which is used for "comprehended" in our German Bible means also "overtake". And I love that idea, JESUS our light will alway shine, even in the darkest darkness! This knowledge brings peace to a heart which is mourning about the spiritual darkness around us. Let us keep praying for the lost souls here in Europe.

    I had tried to read Caroline's blog but it is no longer there. At least for me the link doesn't work.

    How good to know that there are more headcovering, modestly dressed sisters somewhere here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sabine, thank you so much for your insightful comment. And I am so grateful to know that you are a headcovering sister! If it is possible, would you please share with us about the current Christian headcovering situation in Germany?I'd like to know about it. p.s. Yes, Caroline's blog is closed right now but she is praying for His guidance and when He guide her, then she will restart it again!!

      Delete
  5. Dear Kinuko,

    yes I have been wearing a headcovering all the time for about 7 years now. And I try to dress modestly and feminine according to the western culture. With this I simply want to be obedient to our LORD, WHO gave everything in order to save me.
    The situation here in Germany might be similar to other European countries. We have a group of Churches here, called "Bruedergemeinde", I think the English name would be Plymouth Brethren. In most of this type of Churches, some sisters would cover for Church services.
    We have some Baptist Churches and Mennonite Churches coming from a Russian-German background (these were Germans who moved away from Germany to the Ukraine and Russia some centuries ago. Mostly out of religious reasons but also to get land from the Russian Zar. They were coming back in the 70ies, 80ies and 90ies of the last century, having remained faithful believers under the Soviet persecution). In most of their Churches they wear a headcovering at least for Church services. But in these Churches there are mostly Russian Germans, only very few Germans. There is remarkable difference in culture.

    Otherwise there are some scattered believers amongst the Germans who would cover their heads all the time. But I don't know how many, it is only very few.

    Most Christians here are tought and think that the passage in 1. Corinthians 11 about the headcovering would be cultural teaching for the Corinthians during that time only.

    David Bercot made a very interesting historical research on headcovering in Christian history:
    http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/Headcovering.html

    However, I believe that what JESUS said is so true: "If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14, 15. Let us strive to love HIM more and keep HIS commandments, also those which are unseen and matters of the heart.

    In CHRIST, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sabine, wow, thank you so much for your detailed explanation about the headcovering situation in Germany. There is an exclusive Plymouth Brethren church here in Athens and I know one sister who is a Russian-German who covers her head during the worship service.

      Sabine, I am very glad to hear the name David Bercot from you! That's because I've translated two of his books into Japanese already. "The Kingdom That Turned The World Upside Down" and "Will The Real Heretics Please Stand Up." And yes, I listened to the Headcovering teaching CD, too.

      p.s. Dear Sabine, have you ever shared your full-time headcovering testimony somewhere before? If so, please tell me the link address so that I can read yours:)
      p.p.s. I am a full-time coverer, too. What kind of headcovering are you wearing? Where do you purchase them?

      Delete
  6. Dear Kinuko, thank you so much for your interested and interesting answer! It is so wonderful to find likeminded believers! :)

    No, I have no written down testimony available yet. But I would try and write it down. And I will ask my son to take some pictures from my headcoverings and post them on G+.

    Do you have a testimony? And what kind of covering do you wear? And why that style? I am actually wearing something rather short (cap-size) and am considering to change to a more longer veil.

    With love in CHRIST, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sabine,

      How wonderful! I can't wait to read your headcovering testimony! Here are mine;

      My headcovering testimony (Part 2) –what made me decide to cover full-time
      http://japanesebiblewoman.blogspot.gr/2015/02/my-headcovering-testimony-part-2-what.html

      My modest dress testimony
      http://japanesebiblewoman.blogspot.gr/2015/01/my-modest-dress-testimony.html

      Testimony of Christian modesty: What made me decide to stop using cosmetics
      http://japanesebiblewoman.blogspot.gr/2015/03/testimony-of-christian-modesty-what.html

      I am using white covering which you can see in my headcovering testimony section. (A dear conservative Mennonite sister in the states sent it to me as a gift). I am also using simple white/black headcoverings from garlands of grace (https://garlandsofgrace.com).

      However, to be honest, I'd love to cover my head with a longer white veil, especially when I worship Him and pray to Him alone in my room, because bride-like white big veil reminds me strongly that I am His and that Jesus is our heavenly bridegroom to whom we can dedicate ourselves wholly and without any reserve. Here are some samples which I (secretly) adore and want to purchase one in the future.
      http://liturgicaltime.net/collections/eternity-head-coverings-infinity-style-veils

      p.s. Have you ever heard of headcoveringmovement.com, Sabine? You might be interested in sharing your headcovering testimony here on this evangelical site, too! (I've translated many of their testimonies into Japanese already and there are positive responses from Japan. Praise the Lord!)
      http://www.headcoveringmovement.com/share-your-story

      Delete