Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Saturday, January 17, 2015

I’ve found an Asian headcovering sister! Thank you, sisters, for praying with me.



Last Monday, as you remember, I offered a humble prayer for our headcovering sisters (here). And inside this, I also prayed for Asian sisters as follows;

Lord, I haven’t heard many headcovering testimonies from Asian region so far, where my earthly homeland is located. I long to see and interact with other Asian covering sisters as well. Please raise up headcovering sisters in the nations such as China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan, Mongolia, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and so on. Please guide me to find them and guide them to find me! My heart is open for them.

Sisters, guess what happened? Within just a few hours after publishing this prayer, I received an email from one sister in Japan! She has made a tremendous effort to find my contact address and wrote to me. O I could hardly contain my joy when I read her testimony. She told me that our headcovering testimonies inspired her and she decided to cover her head as well. And after some hesitation, she finally decided to contact with me, because she wanted to let me know that our prayers were being answered!

This was absolutely awesome! Dear North American covering sisters, please take heart. The head covering movement is not a regional, small phenomenon. No, as you see us, it is a global, trans-cultural and universal recovery movement! The Bible is true and eternal. And Jesus’ words endure forever.

Now the Spirit of Truth is working and inviting maidens from the four corners of the earth.

Jesus with love still is seeking
For hearts that are aflame,
To make their lives an off’ring
Inspired by love for Him   -B.Shlink

Sisters, let us continue to pray for each other and for our future covering ladies who are to join us and inherit this incredible heavenly treasure together.

                          (Instrumental hymn Sweet hour of prayer, William W. Walford, 1845)


2 comments:

  1. "The head covering movement is not a regional, small phenomenon. No, as you see us, it is a global, trans-cultural and universal recovery movement! The Bible is true and eternal. And Jesus’ words endure forever."

    What inspirational words! Yes, the Bible is meant for everybody, everywhere, for all time. I do believe, as you do, that the Holy Spirit is moving within the hearts of His people, to return us to the truth of God's Word. He is preparing the bride of Christ (the church) to meet her Bridegroom!

    I thank God for the Asian headcovering sister that responded to your letter! Isn't God amazing! And I pray that He would add many more to our number.

    Your friend,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jessica. What a sweet fellowship He has given us! It is true that the gate of headcovering in the 21st century is narrow and steep but the reward is beyond human understanding. Regarding these blessings, I wrote in my Japanese blog as follows;

    “,,,Under the veil, we see the world quite differently. The headcovering is a gate of blessings which few people know. But once you enter into it, you will find another extra blessings, and then one after another!

    And we have come to know with a sense of awe that we are deeply connected to pious sisters in our collective history, that is the history of the Bible and its people.

    Sarah, Rebecca, Esther, Mary, Monica, pious women in the middle ages, reformation times, 18th/19th century Bible women, Amy Carmichael, Mother Teresa in the 20th century etc.They were all headcovering women! And we are also! Oh, it is too good and profound to express it in words! All I can say is, praise God.”

    The Spirit of Christ is like an everlasting river. It has flown from the beginning without any discontinuity. So are the Words which He spoke.

    You are in the states, I am in Greece, my new covering friend is in Japan, and Irina is in Canada and we have such a sweet friendship and close tie with each other. We love one another and pray for each other in the name of Jesus Christ. Let us continue to pray and extend our hands and hearts to our future friends!!

    ReplyDelete