Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, March 9, 2015

Do you feel insecure about people’s opinions about what you write, sisters? : Keep writing and freely expressing yourself!



I love reading your writings and comments. Reading and following your posts make me feel that I am walking side by side on your faith journey. As a Christian biographer, I have read many life stories of the saints. 

And you know what, each time I write about one’s life, I was amazed by the absolute uniqueness of each life. The effort to “categorize” them always fails because each soul is so unique and matchless. And they tell me something about the mystery of creation. Have you ever thought about the revolutionary transformation which has occurred in your most depths when you received the Holy Spirit?

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (I Cor 6:19 a)?

Can you imagine that even the majestic temple of Solomon loses its color in front of the divine temple of the Holy Spirit which IS IN YOU? Do you know that you were already dead and your life is hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3)? Sisters, that’s why I am so passionate about reading your stories and testimonies. I love to listen what this new creation (II Cor 5: 17) has to say to the world. I love to incline my ears to your joys and sadness, struggles and victories.

Some weeks ago, my fellow sister Tessa, whom I cherish her honesty,shared her delicate heart on her blog;

“Telling people I want them to comment on my blog requires me to trust God. I realized that I am very insecure about people's opinions about what I put out there. I have to surrender that insecurity and know that God is with me as I do this. I grow closer to Him that way.I want nothing more than to get as close to God as possible. I cannot get enough. This blog is one way of doing that. Even if no one reads this ever again, I will keep writing. I grow closer to Him this way.”

I want to encourage Tessa and all of my friends; My dear friend, KEEP WRITING! Keep expressing yourself and telling us your story. I love to hear that. I love to hear what you are thinking. We are not perfect, we make mistakes but the divine life of the Spiritwhich is in youis flowing from you and working without ceasing. It is so fresh and new every morning.

You know, the real biographer is our Lord and He is writing about your story daily. So don’t let the evil one discourage you, saying that your writings and sayings are of little value. No, it is worthy, definitely worthy. Your writings also help me to keep my eyes on Jesus on the daily basis. In a word, I need you and I love to converse and interact with you in Christ.

Lastly, I am going to quote an excerpt from Charles Spurgeon’s devotional book, Morning and Evening. In this section, he encourages us to “converse together concerning the ways of the Lord.”

"Let us not sleep, as do others." 1 Thessalonians 5:6

There are many ways of promoting Christian wakefulness. Among the rest, let me strongly advise Christians to converse together concerning the ways of the Lord. 

Christian and Hopeful, as they journeyed towards the Celestial City, said to themselves, "To prevent drowsiness in this place, let us fall into good discourse." Christian enquired, "Brother, where shall we begin?" And Hopeful answered, "Where God began with us." Then Christian sang this song--

"When saints do sleepy grow, let them come hither,
And hear how these two pilgrims talk together;
Yea, let them learn of them, in any wise,
Thus to keep open their drowsy slumb'ring eyes.
Saints' fellowship, if it be managed well,
Keeps them awake, and that in spite of hell."

Christians who isolate themselves and walk alone, are very liable to grow drowsy. Hold Christian company, and you will be kept wakeful by it, and refreshed and encouraged to make quicker progress in the road to heaven. But as you thus take "sweet counsel" with others in the ways of God, take care that the theme of your converse is the Lord Jesus. Let the eye of faith be constantly looking unto him; let your heart be full of him; let your lips speak of his worth.

Celestial City   source

 Friend, live near to the cross, and thou wilt not sleep. Labour to impress thyself with a deep sense of the value of the place to which thou art going. If thou rememberest that thou art going to heaven, thou wilt not sleep on the road. If thou thinkest that hell is behind thee, and the devil pursuing thee, thou wilt not loiter. Would the manslayer sleep with the avenger of blood behind him, and the city of refuge before him? 

Christian, wilt thou sleep whilst the pearly gates are open--the songs of angels waiting for thee to join them--a crown of gold ready for thy brow? Ah! no; in holy fellowship continue to watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation.

AMEN!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Kinuko,
    I have told you before that you have the gift of encouragement, and this article is another proof of it! I am going through a very difficult season right now, in which I am having to deal with unloving people in my face-to-face relationships. These people don't seem to see much good in me. I get criticisms, put-downs, bad names, and evil suspicions from these folks. And they're Christians! Who sees the real me? Who cares about my feelings? Who is willing to take the time to find out what I really believe, and why? It doesn't seem to me right now that there are many out there. Even more than that, who can I trust to not tell lies about me or purposely misrepresent me? It is all very, very sad.

    But you, Kinuko, have something special about you. You actually LIKE to hear my comments! This, to me, is amazing, since almost no one I know face-to-face seems to want to hear anything I might want to say. You have a special gift, and you have been such a source of motivation for me! It's true, that sometimes I feel like continuing to write does no good. I've pretty much given up on verbal communication with certain people in my life, because it just hurts too much to be misunderstood continually, but you have inspired me to continue with my blog, and with writing comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    With Christian love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jessica,
      I still remember the day when I visited your blog and read your faith journey segment I & II for the first time. It was one Saturday afternoon. I was so absorbed in your testimonies that I had forgotten all about the time.

      "Here is a soul" I thought, "who is wholeheartedly seeking God." And thus our fellowship has begun.

      Many pious men and women have passed through special trials and I see the same in your life. I don't know about His exact dealings with you but I do know that it shall end in glory and victory. And you are going to write your faith journey segment IV with renewed power and joy.

      And most of all, I will stand by you and we will support you, Jessica.
      with Sisterly affection and love, Kinuko

      Delete
  2. Thank you,Kinuko for this post.Sometimes we may feel afraid to tell our own stories and to express true feeling in fear of being criticized. I like to know other christian's life stories,too.
    Many of them persuit truth even though struggle. I hope to read other believer's voice,and also hope that what I write encourages them,too.
    I heard that the word 'history' was originally 'His story'(God's story). In His story,we live as believer at the same time. Thank you for opening this site to share!
    Please keep on going. Sanae from Japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sanae, I don't know how much I owe to you! You have been a source of encouragement for me and for other sisters. Without your support, I could not have continued Japanese blog (especially on head covering issue!). Without your presence as my fellow covering sister, I would have thought until today that I was the only "weird" Japanese coverer. You are a wise, thoughtful and Spirit-filled woman of God, Sanae. You have been an inspiration to me. This blog is not mine but yours as well. Please fill it with your thoughts, ideas and free sharing! Much love to you, Kinuko

      Delete
  3. Kinuko, thank you so much for encouraging us. I know, I said it before, but I repeat it again, before sending my head covering testimony I decided to stop blogging.Actually I almost deleted my blog. But thanks to you I started blogging again. Today I enabled 'anonymous' option for the comments. Please keep writing, I love your posts,
    Love in Christ,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Irina, I want to say thank you for your friendship and sisterly love. When I read your head covering testimony for the first time, I said to myself, "This is wonderful! Oh, I have to ask her permission to translate it into Japanese!" I was impressed not only by its content but also by your pure character which I felt throughout the pages.

      You possess beautiful attributes which I highly value in human beings; that is, purity, simplicity and genuine faith.

      Whenever I read your writings, I see these three virtues. I want to know more about your life and your thoughts, Irina. Please write about your life story, big and small discoveries, and testimonies whenever you can. I am looking forward to reading your new posts! Love and much love, Kinuko

      Delete