Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, March 30, 2015

Earnest prayer for my fellow sisters who are under trials or temptations

source

We are fellow pilgrims who are on the way to go to celestial city. And we are walking by faith and not by sight. But alas, we are constantly under trials and temptations! We are eager to live a victorious life in Christ but the enemy is trying his best to knock us down. 

It seems to me that the more we want to live a dedicated life, the more we are exposed to various trials and temptations. I have seen this in the lives of our dear sisters, too. Some of you are suffering from family problems while other devout sisters are under severe temptations. Some have felt spiritual heaviness and depression while others have suffered from loneliness.

Satan is the tempter, accuser and the deceiver (Matt 4:3, Rev 12:9, 10). He also knows exactly where our weak spots are located and thus, knows how to tempt/accuse/deceive each one of us tactfully.

My heart yearns for you. My sister, if you have burden or hidden sin, please do not hold it by yourself. I’ve always tried to expose them to those whom I trust in Christ. I’ve experienced that when sins or problems are exposed in light, Satan cannot keep holding them or misusing them.

Also, please do not isolate yourself, especially when you are hurt by difficult people. We are hurt by people but also healed through people who have His spirit and heart.

Often times, we feel we are not worthy to come to His throne but our compassionate High Priest gently but firmly calls you; Come! My dear.

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Heb 4:15, 16
source

Prayer

O Abba, Father, we are Your little daughters who need You day and night. Father, Father, we call Your name and ask your help. We have been hurt, tempted, accused. Without You, we are like abandoned children. Without You, we feel insecure. Rescue us from the hands of our enemy! Deliver us from the swamp of depression! We confess our sins in front of You and to each other. Give us courage to expose them in light. We thank You that the blood of Jesus Christ Your Son cleanses us from all sin.

I pray for each sister in name and declare Your victory over her in the name of Jesus Christ. I pray that You will show her the sign of victory even today. Fill her with Your fiery love. Fill her with Your blood-stained love of Calvary. Lord, bring us together closely ever more.

In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.  

(Hymns: It is well with my soul in Japanese)



6 comments:

  1. Dear Kinuko,
    I can totally relate to this post. You know, it always seems to me that as soon as I begin to experience some growth in my walk with God, some sort of trial comes RIGHT AWAY. I wish those trials would just stop coming! I want to feel strong and stable, for once! But I guess getting knocked over gives me even more reason to lean on God, instead of my self.

    Thank you for writing this article. It has encouraged me a lot to be reminded that I'm not the only one to experience times of feeling like a failure. I'm not the only one to get slapped around by life. There are others out there, and you're right, that help comes THROUGH other people, oftentimes. I certainly feel the truth of that statement when I consider all the kindness you continue to show toward me and all the other ladies who come to your blog looking for insight and encouragement!

    Keep up the good work you are doing, Kinuko!
    From: Your friend, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jessica, thank you so much for everything.

    When I sin, I feel myself dirty, wicked, ugly and worthless. Also, instead of exposing it in light, my flesh wants to keep it myself and hide it. But I know if I hide it, Satan would take it as an opportunity to take a stronghold in this very spot.

    Exposing my dirty sin brings burning shame on me but I think like this; one day, all of my hidden sins will be exposed under His bright light. And all shall see them. Compared with that situation, it is much better to endure a little, temporal shame here on this earth.

    Moreover, as you said, "getting knocked over gives us even more reason to lean on God, instead of ourselves."

    I am so grateful that there is a band of sisters whom we can confess our trespasses to one another and pray for one another (James 5:16). Right after this sentence, James continues",,that you may be healed."

    So there is a strong link between; "confession of sins to each other" and "healing".

    As I wrote to you one time, when I am known by somebody who knows my wicked sins and realize that I am still accepted and loved by this person, it will bring me to a place which is not earthly. The place where Christ reigns. The sisterly relationship where Christ dwells. And I call it the Kingdom fellowship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that what Satan always whisper to us is that 'you do not have to be sorry to God, to persons.Your sin is not so important thing!'. If we agree him in this way,we lose way to confess our sin to God and to persons.Surely we have to be carefull not to let others stumble,but we are so blessed if we believers can confess our sins each other not to judge but to cast away. I totally agree that you say in your comment to sister Jessica 'There is a strong link between confession of sins to each other and healing.'. To confess our sins means to experience to be forgiven.
    Thank you for sharing. Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sanae, thank you for your true friendship and sisterly love. After I confessed my dirty sin in front of you, I felt God broke my pride. And from this broken part, the river of grace flew through my soul. I was reassured by Him that it is OK to be little. Then I could rest in His Arms as a little maiden.The words which you gave me have affected my spirituality;

    "I am the smallest pencil in the hands of the Lord. This pencil is used for describing the tiniest places."

    Sanae, let us cherish our littleness and be His smallest pencils. Much love to you, Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kinuko, thank you so much for your prayer. Quite often, after I sin, the following thoughts come into my mind, "How could you do that. If you are still sinning does it mean that you are not saved?" You see, sometimes I am afraid that I committed blasphemy against Holy Spirit. Thank you for you work for the kingdom.
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Irina, your comments always make my heart warm. Thank you for your honest sharing. I realized that I was not the only one who thought (after sinning), "How could you do that?". Because Satan is a professional and tactful accuser, he does not lose opportunities to try to inject doubt in our minds and hearts.

    In this case, I hold 1 John 1:9 tightly, confessing this particular sin as soon as possible (in front of other Christian). Then the deliverance comes! Christ is our victor. Irina, I am so grateful that we can walk this pilgrim way together. Kinuko

    ReplyDelete