Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Ladies, I need your wisdom: where is the borderline between “teaching the Bible” and “sharing the Gospel” with non-Christian husbands?


family worship : source

One of the dear readers on my Japanese blog recently asked me the following question;

I am conducting a family worship (including Bible message) at home. My children and I are believers but my husband is not. Thankfully, though, he is joining the family worship anyway. Now, I started to realize that woman should not teach nor to have authority over a man (I Tim 2:12). Well, then, what shall I do? I find it difficult to find the borderline between “teaching the Bible” and “sharing the Gospel” with my husband.

Umm...ladies, I haven’t thought about this kind of situation before, and honestly I don’t know how to answer to her question right now. Have you dealt with similar situations in your life? Or do you know anybody who has a similar background like her? I do need your wisdom and input. Please feel free to share your thoughts with me. Thank you so much.