Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, April 6, 2015

One additional thought on Silence Our Enemy By Remaining “Little”


In my previous post, I wrote that  "Littleness leads me to a simplicity, purity and trust which characterize the child-like faith. By remaining little and unknown, the power of Christ may rest upon us. "

After meaningful dialogue with sister Jessica, however, I realized that---along with simplicity, purity and trust---perhaps I should have added boldness as well. Or I should rather say; simple, pure and trustful faith inevitably make us bold.

One of the lessons I am learning from the Lord right now is that, yes, it is very appropriate to have a humble view toward ourselves but I should not dare to limit His Way just because it looks much bigger or unfamiliar. I am learning that godly humbleness and narrow-mindedness are two different things.

I warned myself that I should never use my “littleness” for providing a cover for timidity, self-defense and hidden stubbornness . Because it surely hinders His Way. And it is a dreadful thing to “hinder” His Way! Will the Lord want to break my small world, my agenda, my boundaries? Then let them break! O Lord!

 “To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory”(Col 1:27). 

Notice here that Paul did not write “Christ for you” or “Christ with you.” No, he wrote so clearly that Christ is in us!

Christ is in us and in the midst of us. Christ, to whom all authority has been given in heaven and on earth (Matt 28:18), is in us. This powerful spiritual truth inevitably produces supernatural boldness in our hearts if we simply believe it. In fact, this kind of godly boldness opens a new path through the thick undergrowth and it knows no limit. It proceeds powerfully and fearlessly. It is self-forgetting and full of Christ-mindedness.


Lastly, I am going to pray the prayer of Paul in the book of Ephesians for all the head covering sisters across the globe.




6 comments:

  1. One lady of my church said to us 'If you give yourself to the Lord to do things He wants,it is Him who take responsibility on results,but if you try to work by yourself,you have to take responsibility.' I think what she said is right.What we should do not to hinder His way? I do not reach conclusion yet.But if we works by ourselves,we just hinder His way,I think.Our first step may be to admit what we are,and confess our truth to Lord.Thank you for sharing your spiritual journey for us always. Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sanae, what a great input! Thank you. Regarding this, now I am thinking of the two verses;

    "..Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal 3:3 b)

    "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." (Gal 5:25)

    I personally think we might "hinder" His way when we miss the Lord's move. In other words, I should be sensitive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I have seen that the Lord had started various Christian ministries with power. They began in the Spirit. But as the time goes,they started to become too organized, while missing His move and His new direction. As a result, they lost the spiritual power and thus, they are forced to reply on the fleshly power in order to maintain its ministry.

    As we talked before, we believe that our Christian ministry is not a "work" but the flow of life. No matter how gorgeous or sophisticated it might look outwardly, if there is no life inside, we might toil in vain. I am telling this from my own failed experiences.

    I always appreciate your thoughtful comments Sanae! Thank you. Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. That is such a powerful prayer for our brothers and sisters! To be bold in seeking Him because we know our Father is our only source of anything we need, especially humility and faith, much less the power to perform His good commands. Thank you for sharing your heart, Kinuko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear MB, thank you. Your words are always insightful, wise and uplifting. And I love to hear your thoughts. It's so wonderful that we are so united in Him. "the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe,," Dear MB, let us experience the reality of this prayer (Eph 1) together! Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinuko, this is such a powerful post!! I believe that when we get to heaven we'll meet so many heroes of faith, whose deeds were unknown to people on Earth, but not to our Heavenly Father. Our eyes should be on Christ, not on what others think.
    P.S. I am so sorry, but past few weeks have been busy, net week I have my final exams, I promise to write a letter to you and Sanae as soon as I'll finish with the exams. I received the gifts and letters from you and Sanae and I love them!! Again I shall send both of you something after my exams will be over.
    In Christ,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Irina, thank you for your comment! Yes, what you said is so true. There must have been countless unknown believers who have lived the pious lives on this earth. Our Heavenly Father knows this.

    I pray that He will give you wisdom and peace as you prepare for the exams. with much love, Kinuko

    ReplyDelete