Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Silence Our Enemy By Remaining “Little”


lily on the valley   source

I had always thought I needed to become stronger in order to fight the good fight (II Tim 4:7) of faith. I had dreamed that one day He would make me a strong woman of faith who can help and inspire other sisters.

However, He has taught me various new lessons while I was lying helplessly on the sick bed. And I was drawn to the following verse of Psalms;

"Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants, You have ordained strength,
Because of Your enemies, that You may silence the enemy and the avenger." Psalm 8: 2

I said to myself, “Why the mouth of babes and infants? God could have used the mouth of the spiritual giants for ordaining strength and silencing the enemy. “

The mouth of babies and nursing infants are one of the most vulnerable parts of the human body but our God with His almighty wisdom, chose to use this very vulnerability for ordaining His strength.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” II Cor 12: 9

We have been praying for our fellow headcovering sisters for several months. And every time, I had felt the dark power of resistance who does not want the truth of 1 Cor 11 be revealed. That’s because the revival of the practice of head covering brings spiritual restoration and recovery to the church and families, and thus the devil just hates that.  

So, I had prayed to God to grant me more power to fight back the enemy. I wanted to be a strong soldier of Jesus Christ. However, quite unexpectedly, He has revealed me another way to win the battle---that is, the way to remain little.

By my being “little”, He Himself can silence the enemy and the avenger.  Also this littleness leads me to a simplicity, purity and trust which characterize the child-like faith.  By remaining little and unknown, the power of Christ may rest upon us. 

Littleness also means withdrawal and retirement.  By rejecting the favor of men and its popularity, little maidens can be hidden and rest in the arms of God.

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 
A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you." (Psalm 91: 1,7) 

This is my sincere desire that whatever He assign me to do on this earth, I want to remain little and obscure so that His greatness shall truly manifest with power. 



2 comments:

  1. Hello Kinuko ! What a lovely post ! It reminds me Thérèse de Lisieux and her "little way". I also love to read "the revival of the head covering practice brings spiritual restoration and recovery", yes, here we have a great example of how God use a "little" thing (the head covering) to make big things ! Great to remind that we can be little and hidden in Christ and still be a great tool in the hands of God ! Thank you Kinuko !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caro, merci! During the time when I was struggling with a sinful thought, our sister Sanae sent me a word of Thérèse de Lisieux which reads; “I am the smallest pencil in the hands of God. This pencil is used for drawing the tiniest places.”

    When I read it, I said to Him from the bottom of my heart, “ Lord, thank you! This is exactly how I am in You and how I want to be until the end!”

    Caro, do you know the hymn called “Trusting Jesus” (Words: Ed¬gar P. Stites, 1876. Music: Ira D. Sank-ey )? The original lyrics go like this;

    “Simply trusting every day,
    Trusting through a stormy way;
    Even when my faith is small,
    Trusting Jesus, that is all.”

    On the other hand, Japanese translation goes like this;
    我は幼子(おさなご)  我主に縋(すが)らん
      小さくあれど  信仰抱(いだ)きて
    (=I am a little child, I keep clinging to my Lord
    Though I am little, I [go forward] with faith)

    I am so grateful for our salvation in Christ. Now the richness of Christ can be shared among the servants of the Lord trans-culturally, trans-nationally and trans-spatiotemporally! with much love, Kinuko

    ReplyDelete