Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Sunday, June 14, 2015

From The Sin Of Coldness, Good Lord, Deliver Us



 
 
We cannot be held fast in peace and
nerved to inner, private discipline
 
-to a soldiership
that knows nothing of reserve to love
 
that can plunge into very hell to save a soul,
 
unstained by the foulness,
unshrivelled by the heat
 
-unless we live within sight of Calvary.
 
 
God forgive us for the strange coldness of
so much of our love
 
 
The calculating love of Christians is
 
the shame of the Church
and the astonishment of angels.
 
 
By Thine agony, and bloody sweat;
by Thy cross and passion;
 
by Thy precious resurrection and ascension;
and by the coming of the Holy Ghost,
 
 
from the sin of coldness,
Good Lord,
deliver us.
 
 
from Gold by Moonlight by Amy Carmichael

3 comments:

  1. So good! I want to print it out. Thank you for sharing, it is too true and very humbling. 'A soldiership that knows nothing of reserve to love'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear MB, good morning! Thank you so much for your comment. Your message always makes me happy! I am glad you also like this poem.

    Actually, through your latest post, God started to search my heart deeply. Then, one day,I encountered this poem. So, it shows that the His Spirit is working among us and we are connected to each other in Christ. I am looking forward to reading your future posts! Have a blessed, joyful week. Kinuko

    "If anything else in my heart could call me away from Christ, I am not worthy to be His disciple.

    This is sober business, brothers and sisters. Is He all I desire? Have I tasted and seen that He is good? He does not need flattery, if I do not know my need for Him, I am not one of His.

    This is how I know that I know Him, when I lay claim to nothing else. This is a hard calling, but He will complete His good work. His purpose is to bring many sons to glory.

    And is it unreasonable of Him? He is only removing the desires for these things so we will not be disappointed.

    In time, all these, our father, mother, spouse, children, brothers, sisters, and, yes, our own lives, will be taken away. And what will we lose? Nothing really, we are heirs of God!

    "The disciple is not above his master: but everyone that is perfect shall be as his master" (Luke 6:40)."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot to mention that the above quotation was written by our sister MB. I strongly recommend her blog, especially to those who are;

      -seriously seeking God and His will
      -desiring to be His disciple and live up to his/her faith on this earth without compromise.

      I am captivated by her beautiful English as well. Hers is poetic, rhythmical, plain and profound. Here is the link:

      http://twomorewitnesses.blogspot.com/

      Delete