Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

One life of obedience can, and will, affect many other lives



Dear friends, how have you been? First of all, thank you so much for your visit. I have never imagined that my humble testimony regarding headcovering has been read by so many friends in all over the world. 

I thank Brother Jeremy Gardiner (headcoveringmovement.com) for his tremendous effort and dedication for the sake of Him and for us. I also thank our Prayer Team friends, especially Jessica who is my fellow coordinator. Thank you, Sanae, my fellow headcovering sister in Japan. Without her constant help and support, I could not have continued this work until today. Dear Caroline, my little sister, thank you for translating my writings in French. It is my great joy to have many visitors from French speaking nations! Kegan, I see the spirit and passion of Amy Carmichael in you. Irina, your life testimony has touched many lives in Japan! Deborah, your holy passion for His Kingdom has inspired me. MB, Tessa, Regina, Sarina, Ruthie, Wanda, Amy, Laura and all,,,O how much I love you and cherish your beings!


I respect you because of your firm faith and love toward Jesus Christ. I know that many of you decided to cover in the midst of difficulties and loneliness. You are so brave and beautiful. One of the remarkable characteristics, which I have found in you, is your passion for seeking the Bible truth and your sincere desire to please Him by obeying His words. It is rather difficult to find a believer like you and I say from the bottom of my heart that you are a precious treasure. In my room, there is a big world map, --the dreamy map which I see each of you in it. Is it possible to see you face to face one day while we are on this earth? I wish we do!

Lastly, I am going to quote a beautiful poem composed by our sister Jessica. The theme of this poem is: One life of obedience can, and will, affect many other lives. We see the prime example of this in the very life of Jesus Christ. And it also applies to your courageous life, my friend!



                          Ripples in the water

This sea was made by God. 
All the people talking, eating, driving, singing, hurting, celebrating:
This great sea of people had it’s beginning with just One Person. 
Sometimes, the world seems so immense to me; 
I am just one in billions. 
How does my One Life make sense in this crowd? 
After all, even without me,
All the people will continue talking, eating, driving, singing, hurting, celebrating. 
And then, I remember: 
On the deep water’s smooth surface, ripples spread quickly and far. 
One person. 
One person brave enough to make ripples in the water.


13 comments:

  1. Welcome back Kinuko! Hope your month of rest from blogging was refreshing. I was reminded very strongly a few days ago by a curious stranger that God uses us when we are most unaware of it, and it's usually more about what Christ is doing in us than what we are doing in the world. Humbling...
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts so willingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MB, oh, how kind you are! Thank you for your warm comment. You know what MB, your poem (translated into Japanese) has been inspiring many Japanese believers ever since it was published. Now I am going to quote it here,too in order that our English readers can enjoy and be blessed!

      "There is something so comforting about power under control.

      Waves breaking on a shoreline.

      A flaming pile of wood in a fireplace.

      Isn't that what meekness is, strength under control?

      Maybe I do not understand the beauty of self-control,

      temperance in the Spirit."

      How was the book of Francis Bacon which you have read? And yes, you are right, God uses us when we are most unaware of it and it's more about what Christ is doing in us than what we are doing in the world. Amen.

      I am looking forward to reading your new post! p.s. Please send my best regards to your husband. In Christ, Kinuko

      Delete
    2. I am glad to hear those words are blessing believers.

      Francis Bacon had many good thoughts, but I'm not sure I can recommend it wholeheartedly. He had a very different life than I, very much involved in government. One thing that stuck with me, "If a person easily pardons and remits offenses, it shows that his mind is planted above injury," maybe another way of saying Colossians 3.
      Thank you for staying in touch, Kinuko!

      Delete
    3. Dear MB, good morning! Thank you so much for your comment. The word of Francis Bacon which you kindly mentioned was thoughtful.

      Now I am reading A.W. Tozer "The Knowledge of the Holy" and translating some portion of it, too. It is so wonderful and inspiring. Through this book, my admiration to our Creator has increased.

      By the way, have you written your headcovering testimony? Is in already on your blog? If it is, could you please tell me where I can read?
      Have a blessed weekend, MB!

      Delete
  2. Dear Kinuko,
    This post that you wrote was beautiful and very touching! It is wonderful to be remembered and appreciated. I know that everybody you mentioned in this post must feel the same way I do: very grateful to God that He has brought us into contact with you, because you are so kind and gracious. I also see in you that you use your words wisely, and with an aim to uplift and encourage. I think that must be why many people like to read your blog: it is refreshingly positive, healthy and helpful, in contrast to the normal negative ramblings one often sees in blogs. Thank you for your blog, and for dedicating your life to God's service. Thank you for liking my poem! Your life is one of those which has created ripples in the water of all of OUR lives!
    Thank you for being you, Kinuko!
    With Christian love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dear Jessica, do you know how important you are in our growing, loving community of covering ladies? Do you know the vital role which you have played in this recovery movement?

      You know, so many things have happened during this 5 months,,we have witnessed together His marvelous work. And He is adding more and more new sisters in the midst of us...it is just so amazing and beautiful.

      As MB wisely said, "God uses us when we are unaware of it and it is more about what Christ is doing in us than what we are doing in the world."

      Thank you so much for your sweet words toward me. Thank you for telling me that I use the words wisely and with an aim to uplift and encourage.

      When I first read your poem, I felt "kawaii"ness and "ai-rashii" ness in the composer's heart. ("Kawaii" means, cute, adorable, sweet, charming etc and "Ai-rashii" means lovely, enchanting, beautiful, lovable, darling etc."

      Sometimes, I hear you describe yourself "strong-willed" and "opinionated" but in reality, you ARE very soft and tender,,,and Kawaii!! The depth of your poem speaks about it, too!

      Much love to you,,,

      from your friend, Kinuko

      Delete
  3. How profound is the poem our Jessica wrote. Very simple but tell us about how to live as a little believer.And Kinuko,all of us welcome your coming back!
    On the earth we are all truth-seekers and co-workers to testify Jesus.May God bless all headcovering sisters,who hope to stay in Him.
    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sanae san, thanks a lot!! Thank you for welcoming me. Do you remember I told you I would intend to stop Japanese blog at the beginning of this year? The reason was, I felt myself so "weirdo" in my effort to translate Headcovering testimonies,, besides, I had felt strange, heavy pressure and loneliness. Then God sent you to me when I desperately needed help and encouragement. I'd tell you publicly that without your being and prayers, my Japanese blog could not have continued,,

      Now, we have some discussions with our readers who have feminist tendencies and you are helping and supporting me in various ways.

      Lastly, I want to express my great joy when I finally met you face to face! Thank you so much for coming all the way to see me, Sanae san. The chirashi zushi which we ate was delicious but our fellowship and talks were even more delicious!

      Like this way, this is my wish that we will see our fellow sisters somewhere on this earth! Shall we hope and pray that He will make it realized in His time?!

      Sincerely, Kinuko

      Delete
    2. Yes,sure! If He allows us,it can happen. It was great happy experience for me to meet you,too. And how happy we are to know so many sisters
      in Christ all over the world.Thank you, Kinuko for your activities and friendship!
      Sanae

      Delete
  4. Dear Kinuko, thank you so much for your post. I feel so blessed that my testimony does has touched lives. I never thought that would happen. For past few weeks I have been so busy that I wasn't able to post anything new on my blog. Lord willing, I'll post something within a week. Welcome back,
    In Christ,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Irina,
      Thank you so much for your kind and lovable message. When I met Sanae, she gave me a cute Матрёшка (Matryoshka doll key-holder) as a gift. And I love it! It is attached to my bag and it always reminds me of you, Irina. I feel like I am walking with you in Greece!

      When I read your testimony (Sacred Scar), I thought I must translate it immediately. I believe God urged me to do this in order to encourage someone in Japan. Thank you for showing us your scar, Irina. It is the sanctified, healing scar.

      I can't wait to read your new post!

      p.s. Nowadays, there are many visitors from Russia to my blog. Do you think it is because of your influence? I am so grateful to have Russian friends and I'd love to hear from them, too.

      p.p.s. Please send my best regards to your mother. Please tell her that her daughter's life testimony has been inspiring many Japanese souls.

      Ирина, я люблю тебя так сильно во Христе. Вы свет мира!

      Kinuko

      Delete
    2. Dear Irina, I sent to you same key holder of Matryoshka with my letter last month.I also use a same one. Matryoshka holding Mt.fuji.It reminds me of you who has heart for Japan,too. If you cannot receive my airmail in June,please let me know.(It can happen by my mistake..sorry!)
      Sanae

      Delete
    3. Dear Sanae, thank you so much for your care. I am sorry I wasn't able to reply to your e-mail. I has been pretty busy for the past few weeks. I am looking forward to you mail. Don't worry sometimes it takes longer for a mail to get from Japan to Canada,
      Irina

      Delete