Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, November 30, 2015

One Powerful Proof Regarding The Validity Of The Christian Headcovering Doctrine

 


Ladies, imagine that you are going to be dispatched to a certain country where most of them are not Christians and most of the Christians there do not have any idea about the headcovering doctrine (1 Corinthians 11). Now your boss (Jesus) told you to go there and convince them that the headcovering command is applicable for today. What would you do? Well, if you are like me, you might want to write your own covering testimony and translate it into their language. Then, you might also start translating the HCM articles and testimonies.

Well, I have done all of these things until today...yes, I am talking about my own situations. I am talking about my continuous effort for Japanese Christians. I have published several open letters of plea to Japanese pastors, pleading them to reconsider this issue and respond to me. Sister Sanae and I have submitted prayer requests to our HCM prayer team regarding these issues. Regardless of all these efforts and prayers, however, we have received almost no response from Japan, which often makes me feel discouraged. Then I realized how much I have been contaminated by the philosophy of pragmatism. I want immediate, quick and visible results! Faith, however, requires patience, for it is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Heb.11:1).

 
Not in vain, the tedious toil,
On an unresponsive soil,
Travail, tears in secret shed,
Over hopes that lay as dead.
 
All in vain, thy faint heart cries.
Not in vain, thy Lord replies:
Nothing is too good to be;
Then believe, believe to see.
 
Did thy labor turn to dust?
Suff’ring – did it eat like rust
Till the blade that once was keen,
As a blunted tool is seen?
 
Dust and rust thy life’s reward?
Slay the thought; believe thy Lord!
When thy soul is in distress,
Think upon His faithfulness.
 -Amy Carmichael

 
Thanks to our team's intercessory prayers, the Lord lifted up my spirit and He granted me both fresh vigor and willingness to continue the mission which my Commander Jesus assigned me.

This morning, I wrote to Japanese believers, asking them to look at the life and faith of our headcovering sisters carefully. (for I have translated and published many of your covering testimonies in Japanese.) I asked them, how we can know and discern that one teaching is true or false; well, Jesus says, by checking the fruits. If the headcovering teaching is truly a biblical doctrine, then those who practice it will start to bear the fruits of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23).
 
I encouraged them to read your covering testimonies carefully, for regardless of our diversities, one can clearly see the common points in them; such as inner/outer modesty, humble and reverent attitude toward the Words of God, obedience to our father/husband and so forth. And these points are universal and trans-cultural. That's because the work of the Holy Spirit is universal and trans-cultural.

So what is the powerful proof regarding the validity of the Headcovering doctrine? ; Well, you are the most powerful proof, my dear sisters! By looking at your dedicated lives in Christ, the Spirit shall convict us (them) that this teaching is indeed biblical. Now my dear sisters, let us continue to testify to the world with our united spirit and faith. Let us also pray that He will rise up our future-fellow-headcovering sisters from countries like Russia, Ukraine, Thailand, Philippines, Hungary, Spain, Brazil, China, Taiwan, France, El Salvador, India, Germany, Singapore, Ethiopia and so on.
 
The time shall come when the recovery of the headcovering doctrine will be known as an universal and global phenomenon just like the universal recovery of the believers' baptism around the world today.
 
 
 

 

17 comments:

  1. Dear Kinuko, I think that your Japanese blog is informing readers of two important issues rarely known in Japan. One is about ex-islamic people becoming christians. One Japanese pastor wrote about christians in Isramic countries,and that many people of middle east met Jesus,accepted Him as savior on his blog.
    But testimonies of ex-islamic people by their own words are so hard to find in Japanese. Your blog is introducing many testimonies of them.

    Another is christian headcovering. I did not know much about it,regarded it as special tradition of specific churches until I read your blog. Japanese articles written about christian headcovering are very few,and many of them teach that 'headcovering is cultural problems. '

    But recently articles advocating this doctorine are started to be translated into Japanese,some by your own. Japanese christians now can read 'another opinion'
    telling importance and blessing of headcovering. In other words,it means that they can have opportunity to rethink about it now.

    Letting Japanese people know important,but unknown issues..Your(our) mission for Japan seems to be, I think.

    May we headcovering sisters be testimony to the world.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sanae,
    Your encouraging words brought me tears. Ever since I published my headcovering testimony, the Lord has granted me immeasurable richness and grace in Christ. I am so grateful that we have been witnessing the historic birth and growth of this biblical recovery movement together. I want to encourage you and all of our covering sisters that Christ is making a new history through you right now. Let us continue to be faithful to Him and His words! Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinuko, I know I said it before, but I never thought that publishing my head covering testimony will lead to so many changes. including becoming a part of such amazing sisterhood/community.
    I am so glad that so many believers are learning about head covering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, Irina. Your testimony has blessed countless believers across the globe. Thank you so much for your honesty and sincere attitude toward God and us. You are an important and precious sister in our community! Kinuko

      Delete
  4. Sister, I am so grateful for your work. Thank you for all you have done for the church in Japan! You have also been a tremendous encouragement to me and for that I am thankful. I'm glad you are feeling better. I want leave you with a verse:


    "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

    So sister, keep pressing on and please do not grow weary of the good you are doing. Your reward will await you in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brother Jeremy,
      Tears streamed down my cheeks as I read your encouraging words. Jeremy, (along with our sisters) I want to thank you for all the efforts and sacrifice which you have done ever since the HCM was born. Countless covering sisters have found refuge on the HCM, for they had been so defenceless and lonely by then.

      I am so grateful that He allowed me to witness this historic birth and growth of the biblical recovery movement in the 21st century. Jeremy, we shall not forget your lone, pioneering work and effort, now and forever.

      In Christ,
      Kinuko with many other sisters who share the same gratitude

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we dont know what our work and efforts will produce in our life time.. but HE knows.. HE knows the labour and delights in all you do to reach the world with his LOVE and Gospel.. HE knows your efforts to encourage fellow Brothers and Sisters to HIS ways.. Your rewards will be a treasure stored up in Heaven.. Fight the Good Fight and Press on Dear Soldier For Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ms. Jeannie,
    Hello, my sister! Thank you so much for your faith-filled, encouraging words. The Holy Spirit gently touched my heart and strengthened my faith through your words today. Thank you so much. May God bless you and your family abundantly. from you fellow sister, Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know, by the same token if the women who don't wear head covering show the same fruit, then what difference does it make?
    What we have here is an old-fashioned difference of interpretation and opinion. Now me, I would do absolutely nothing to actively teach it or promote it, I'd let God move the Holy Spirit as he wills to push whoever needs to head cover in that direction and let God to move the Holy Spirit as he wills to help whoever needs to remove their head coverings because if it's a God thing, nothing I do or don't do will make the slightest difference. And if it's not a God thing, then it won't last. The way I see it, religions the world all over have special clothing - many of them head coverings, it's what religions do and we'll be more like them should we succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,Jamie! how are you, my friend? Long time no see.Hope you are fine.Well,Jamie, I don't argue with you :), because I know that your opinion regarding the doctrine of headcovering is fixed, so all I can say (with sincere heart)is; Go ahead, my friend. And as you rightly said, "if it's not a God thing, then it won't last."

    So, if the headcovering teaching is indeed a God thing, then it will last, right? So, let's see.

    p.s. Jamie, I wish you a blessed Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Wherever you are, may God be with you. from Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm well. You might not see a lot of me on the Head Covering Movement site, I've been blocked and cannot post new comments or respond to existing ones. But I won't be silenced. It's a good thing though - now I'm able to focus all my attention on my new blog at WordPress where I've started at the beginning with Genesis. I still think you will all need a resident contrarian to help keep you all sharp, but sadly it won't be me. I do appreciate your kindness and I wish you happy holidays as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh, you've opened your new blog! Congratulations. Jamie, you are right. We need both "resident contrarians" (-by the way it's a funny expression!! hahah,,) and constant encouragers. I don't know how you think, but to me, I prefer to be an encourager in any place where God appoints me. As you said, it might be good for you that you don't need to pour so much energy to refute Head covering teaching and that now you can focus on something more constructive for your mind and soul. (The study of Genesis). If you kindly tell me the address of your new blog, I will visit you one day.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! Being a contrarian is one of the few things I inherited from my grandfather; but I think even Jesus had a contrarian or two in his bunch: "But Jesus, why don't we sell it?" "But Jesus, we ought to call down fire to destroy that town!" I like to have a diverse group of friends, some who are encouragers but even I need a contrarian (or two, I'm stubborn like that) to challenge me to examine what path I'm on and what I'm doing - if they never told me 'no' then I'd always think I was right and few things are more dangerous than always believing I'm right. Which is why my days of being a contrarian aren't over yet - I'm just going to tackle Complementarianism instead. My blog is at: https://holdssway.wordpress.com/

      Delete
    4. To my beloved contrarian friend Jamie.For some unknown reasons, I've been fond of you from the beginning and I believe that under His divine providence we've known you and you've known us. May our gracious Lord be your constant guide on your spiritual journey....and...(I say this from my innocent heart)that one day, I like you will come to be our side as a resident encourager and a powerful defender. with respect and friendship, Kinuko

      Delete
  10. Great article, Kinuko! I was very encouraged. You are right, about the fruits of headcovering in our lives--I have seen those fruits, as well, and see you as a shining example of the changes God can work in a heart surrendered to Him! I know there are many godly, submissive Christian women out there who don't cover (yet), but I believe that it is God's will for them to do so (it's commanded in His word), and I also believe that once they do begin, they will see EVEN GREATER fruits in their lives as a result!
    From your friend and supporter,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jessica,
      Thank you for your insight, Jessica. Yes, you are right; there are many godly, submissive Christian women out there who don't cover (yet). And I've noticed more and more that He loves their sincere desire to please Him so much that recently hundreds of these pious ladies have been guided by His spirit powerfully (*directly or via indirect tools such as their encounter with headcovering ladies/testimonies/website etc) to cover their heads. And as you said, once they do begin, they will bear even greater fruits in their lives as a result! How wonderful! Praise His marvelous work in heaven and on this earth. Kinuko

      Delete