Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A letter of encouragement for those who spend Christmas alone

source

Dear friend, I may or may not know you but tonight, the Spirit urged me to write a letter to you. For some reasons, you are spending these Christmas days alone. Or you may have some friends around but your inner loneliness and a sense of detachment are so overwhelming that you feel even worse when you are among people.

Lord, from the depths to Thee I cried:
My voice, Lord, do Thou hear;
Unto my supplication’s voice
Give an attentive ear.

I pray to our Lord that He will come down to your "depths" where your inner sanctum exists and give you a kind of consolation which you've just longed for, -probably for years.

 
When my world falls apart
And all's crashing in
When I'm overwhelmed
By the depth of my sin
When doubts seem to crowd
And fear closes in
I know where to go
To find renewal within

When all of my hope
Lies shattered and broken
And the comforts of friends
Seem no more than a token
I quickly retreat
To the Word He has spoken
And find contained there
The Christ I have hope in.
 
-Vicki Baird
 
Human words are powerless but His Word not.
My dear friend, I invite you to look up the cross, where the Man of Sorrow tasted the most terrifying loneliness and pains for the sake of saving you from the worse kind of loneliness--, the eternal detachment from your Father.

 
Upon that cross of Jesus
mine eye at times can see
the very dying form of One
who suffered there for me;
and from my stricken heart with tears
two wonders I confess:
the wonders of redeeming love
and my unworthiness.

I take, O cross, thy shadow
for my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than
the sunshine of his face;
content to let the world go by,
to know no gain nor loss,
my sinful self my only shame,
my glory all the cross.

 
My friend, I sincerely wish you a blessed new year. 
 
from your fellow sister,
Kinuko
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I think that Christmas is rather for those who have to stay alone,feel lonely and suffered than for happy,strong people.
    The meaning of this season is celebration for that God came to us as a person to save us.

    One famous Cathoric priest (one of founders of DARC,rehabilitation center for drug addict in Japan,this priest had also alchoholic problem once.He passed away in 2006.)said that God loves poor lonesome people most,because they cannot rely on any but Him.I was touched to read this priest's words.

    I had faith in Jesus at the age of 20,but did not attend church service until 23.One Christmas day,I had to stay at my apartment alone.I felt bit lonely. I turned the radio on,listened classical christmas carols for several hours. It was NHK-FM radio(national radio of Japan). I do'nt why,but it comforted me a lot. I think He touched me through the hymns.

    In Japan also,there is also pressue that you should spend christmas alone.Some people dislike christmas because of it.But God can touch us even we are alone.

    May God bless you all this season.Merry Christmas to all brothers and sisters in Christ,from Japan.

    PS Dear Kinuko,I wrote same story in my comment of Irina's blog,but for sharing I wrote it again here.May you and Irina can have blessed skype meeting!

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I mistook writing one of my sentences. What I want to write was 'pressue that you should not spend christmas alone'.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sanae,

    I was truly touched by your message (every single line!). The story that you had to stay alone at Christmas Day was especially moving.Dear Sanae, I think your compassionate spirit must have derived from those lone and deep experiences in your life.Your words have healing power.Yesterday, our precious brother Joel sent us a loving message and many beautiful Christmas songs and hymns (which they sing as a family). I invite you and our dear readers to go to visit their farm website below and listen to their simple, comforting songs!
    ---------------------------
    -A Loving Message from Horst Family-

    Dear friends,

    For years and years, groups of singers have gone from house to house singing carols at Christmas time to spread love and cheer. Problem is, you all are spread too far and wide to come carol for you personally, so this year our family decided to take Christmas caroling into the tech age by caroling for each of you, wherever you are, using the connectivity of our electronic devices. You can hear it at our farm website: http://www.jehovahjirehfarm.com/articles/2015/12/21/merry-christmas/

    May God bless you with a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Joel Horst

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for introducing their site. I visited there and listened their carols. How nice to accept their caroling online.Spreading love and cheer.It's very nice tradition of caroling.

    I remembered that my friend who once was a nurse of
    protestant hospital told me about her memory of caroling for inpatients.Nurses and doctors sing carols for them on christmas day.She said,she was also encouraged by joining caroling.

    I wish Horst family merry christmas and happy new year,and you,too!

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete