Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Little Maiden's Valley




A little maiden has one simple desire; that is

to see her Father be respected and honored, and
to hear the name of her beloved Jesus be uttered
with love and affection from His people's mouth.

But alas, this plain desire frightened her family and friends.

So she decided to withdraw herself,
went down to a deep valley.

There she sat and started to sing her song;

Take my love, my Lord, I pour.
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Then in her solitude, she remembered the prayer of the ancient saint;

Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells,
and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine;
let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death,
Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin,
Thy riches in my poverty, Thy glory in my valley.

"Oh Thy glory in my valley!" she exclaimed.
"So is this the place where I can behold Thy glory, Father?"

"Go hide thyself," He said. "Then hide in the wounds of my Son."

There she looked up and behold, the wondrous cross,
on which the Prince of glory died.
where sorrow and love flow mingled down.

Drawn to the merciful eyes of the Man of Sorrow, she whispered with adoration.

In the cross, in the cross,
Be my glory ever!

The Lord said; "Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to Me in prayer!
In My arms I’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace here."

"O what a friend I have in Thee,
All my sins and griefs to bear!" sighed she with joy and tears.

Then she wandered through the woods, and forest glades,
And heard the birds sing sweetly in the trees.


 "Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee," she praised,  
"O How great Thou art, How great Thou art!"

Worship and laud and praise Thee evermore;
Look up in wonder and behold a door

Opened in heaven, and One set on a throne:
Stretch out a hand, and touch Thine own,

O Christ, our King, our Lord
whom I adore.

7 comments:

  1. Hello, Kinuko (if I may speak so openly)

    It's been quite a long time (six months, at least, I reckon) since I last came here, but I remembered this place.
    It's good to see you're still doing well! I hope we'll be able to stay in contact in future.

    I don't wish to start any arguments here, but I think you might be interested by the Catholic tradition regarding Mary - it is actually quite, shall we say, consonant with most of the things you've written here, particularly the parts about Mary's attitude toward God.

    Pax,
    Kantus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kantus,
      Wow, thank you for your visit! Of course, I remember you. You are a God-fearing believer in Ireland.Kantus, thank you for saying that the things which I've written here are consonant with the parts about Mary's attitude toward God. I wish I can say with Mary, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word" (Luke 1:38) under every circumstance.
      Thank you so much again for your kind words. from Kinuko

      Delete
  2. This is precious, Kinuko-san! What a lovely piece....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kay chan,
    Actually, while I was writing this poem, the Lord reminded me of you. He knows well how you are walking the different path from the other youths and He does care for you (because this path brings you loneliness from time to time.)

    Let us be in our deep valley and behold His glory! Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. The link is also great, thank you so much Kinuko. I e-mailed you my Skype name.
    Merry Christmas
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Kinuko,
    What a beautiful and touching tribute of your love for the Heavenly Father!
    The valleys, the shadows, the deep wells, the places of solitude...God uses them all, like you've said, to bring glory to Him. Glory... We talked about glory this past Sunday in our worship service in how the Father glorified the Son in 2 Peter 1:17-18. This was Jesus' positional glory as God's Son. Then we looked at 1 Peter 1:21 where God gave Jesus glory through the resurrection. This was Jesus' redemptive glory. Hebrews 1:3 & 2:9 show us Jesus' radiant and exalted glory. Lastly, one brother took us to Psalms 50:15, and what he drew our attention to in that verse is how when we call upon God, He will deliver us, and we will glorify Him. I'm just amazed at the different facets of the word glory! I had never thought of it in this way before. I always thought about my hair being my glory and how covering it,in my own small way, brings glory to God. I don't pretend to understand it all, but I thought you might be blessed by it.
    Your friend, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Ruthie, oh, thank you so much for your message. I am going to copy/paste your comment and read all the verses which you kindly quoted regarding the different facets of the word glory and will meditate on them today!! Thank you so much, Ruthie. from Kinuko

    ReplyDelete