Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Are you feeling as if you were in the mist, not sure for His leadings?


Good morning, my dear sisters. Today, I'd like to quote from an essay called The Mist Will Pass (by Amy Carmichael) which has been my source of encouragement, especially when I was in distress, not knowing where exactly I was and to where I was being led. This is my sincere prayer that He will give you an assurance and a sense of deep security as you proceed to read this inspiring essay.

 


There was one who was not afraid of any evil tidings, for her heart stood fast believing in the Lord. And her trust was in the tender mercy of God for ever and ever.
Often He had arisen as light in the darkness.
Often she had called upon Him in troubles, and He had delivered her and heard her what time the storm fell upon her.

He had been merciful, loving and righteous, and she had said, "Who is like unto the LORD our God, that hath His dwelling so high; and yet humbleth Himself to behold the things that are in heaven and earth?" (Ps.113:5, BCP). And now she found herself standing alone, looking into a great mist.

Fold after fold the hills lay there before her, but always in mist. She could see no path, except a little track in the valley below. She thought that she was quite alone, and for a while she stood looking, listening and feeling this loneliness and uncertainty harder to bear than any acute distress had ever been.

Then, softly, voices began to speak within her, now discouraging, now encouraging.
 
"My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart,
and my portion for ever" (Ps.73:26).
 
"My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my [soul]:
and my kinsmen stand afar off" (38:11).
 
"Nevertheless I am continually with thee:
thou hast holden me by my right hand" (73:23).
 
"My tears have been my meat day and night,
while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?" (42:3).
 
"Thou shalt answer for me, O Lord my God" (38:15, BCP).
 
"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God:
for I shall yet praise Him who is the health of my countenance, and my God" (42:11).
 
"My way is hid from [my God]" (Isa.40:27).
 
"All my ways are before thee" (Ps. 119:168).
 
"As for God, his way is perfect...and he maketh my way perfect" (2 Sam.22:31,33).
 
"They thirsted not when he led them through the deserts" (Isa.48:1).

Will they faint when He leads them through the hills?

Then she looked again at the mist, and it was lightening, and she knew that she was not alone, for her God was her refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. He was about her path; He would make good His lovingkindness toward her, and His lovingkindness was comfortable. Nor could she fear any more, for those dim folds in the hills were open ways to Him. He would not let her be disappointed of her hope.

So it was enough foe her to see only the next few steps, because He would go before her and make His footsteps a way to walk in. And of this she was also sure: He whom she followed saw through the mist to the end of the way.She would never be put to confusion.

And in that hour a song was given to her. She sang it as she walked: "O what great troubles and adversities hast Thou shewed me, and yet didst thou turn and refresh me: yea, and broughtest me up from the deep of the earth again" (Ps.71:18, BCP).

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart hath trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart danceth for joy, and in my song will I praise Him" (28:7, BCP). "Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O LORD, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life" (Lam.3:57-58). "O let my mouth be filled with thy praise: that I may sing of thy glory and honour all the day long [for Thou, Lord, hart never failed them that seek thee]" (Ps.71:8, BCP).

And as she walked thus and sang, others whom she did not see because of the mist that still lay on her way heard her singing and were comforted and helped to follow on, even unto the end.



The Mist Will Pass by Amy Carmichael



Prayer
Lord, I pray for my sister who is feeling loneliness and uncertainty because of the current outward circumstances. Speak to her gently and firmly that You whom she has followed see through the mist to the end of the way. O may she know that countless souls around her are actually listening to her songs,, being comforted and helped to follow on this earthly journey. In Jesus' name. Amen.

9 comments:

  1. O Kinuko! Dear, sweet Kinuko! How could you ever know the impact that this would have on me this day? I am that little daughter, that little lamb, struggling in the mist right now! I am brought to tears by this....I feel so alone. I cannot hear Him or feel His presence! I have failed so much and stumbled over so many things! I cannot bring myself to do much at all in His Word or prayer! I feel the mist is beginning to lift and I am learning to trust, but it is so hard to struggle through it. O Kinuko! When I read your prayer, my heart was lifted up so much! Thank you. Finally a hand has reached through the mist and held mine in it. A sister has helped me, by God's great grace, to not feel so alone in this trial. Thank you....I cannot say that enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear my sweet, lovely little sister,
    You cannot imagine how much I love you and we love you. In the midst of all these trials and discouraging things, I see that you have tried to reach out your little hands to Jesus. May the Rock of Ages cleft for you, hide you in Him. O Lord, let her rest in You now, as she is suffering and groaning in spirit. Hear this prayer! In Jesus' name. Amen.
    p.s. I love you.
    p.p.s. Of course, you can reblog this post.

    from your sister who loves you so much,
    Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Kinuko,

      God has not ceased to uplift my heart since you prayed for me! I have earned to trust Him more and love Him more deeply. It is a compelling thing, how the trial shapes the Christian. And what love is this that sheds grace on such lowly, foul beasts! I will praise my God for ever and exalt His name for eternity! Come, let us rejoice together in who it is that we worship and serve!

      Your little lambkin,
      Kay-chan


      P.S. I am going to reblog this now. :)

      Delete
    2. Dear Kay-chan,
      Praise God! I am so happy to hear that He has touched your soul and uplifted you. His love is like an ocean,,,infinite ocean! And His love makes us so near to each other. Oh, Kay-chan, I am so glad. Thank you for your wonderful testimony. from your sister, Kinuko

      Delete
  3. Dear Kinuko, I am at the point of my life where is so uncertain. Most people ask me, "what's next? When will you take the next step?" At this point I have more questions than answers. It seems that all I have is a fog in front of me. Sometimes it seems that the Lord has been silent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Irina, мой прекрасный и милый сестра во Христе,

      Irina, I can understand your situations, for I myself was in a very similar situation when I was about to graduate from university. At that time, it seemed to me that all the other students except me knew exactly what they want to be/what career they want to pursue/which major they want to choose for MA course etc,,,I had just believed Jesus Christ at that time of my life but the pressure of the world was too much to bear for a newly -believed Christian like me!

      I was supposed to go to USA for further study but somehow I knew deep inside that now my life had been changed forever after accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior and that I cannot pursue worldly career any more. 1Cor 2:2 captured my soul and spirit. However, I really did not know what to do after graduation! Christ with His mighty power and love, had crushed my future plans and started to train me to trust Him wholly without relying on my own understanding (Prov.3:5). It was a hard time.

      Eventually, I postponed my graduation and decided to wait on the Lord. During those 6 months, I was basically in my small dorm room by myself. I was detached from my old non-Christian friends, family, relatives and everything. I was an active girl before but I became so silent. I rarely talked with other human beings at that time.

      Looking back those uncertain and misty times, now I could see His sovereign Hands on me. And I want to encourage you, my dear Irina, that at the very moment of your life that you feel everything is so uncertain, you can expect His move in your life MORE than other times. Be sure for this. And you will see.
      O our gracious Lord, let her see Your move in her life when everything seems so uncertain. Guide her to hide in Your shelter and protect her from various pressures of the world. If it is Your will, show her the people with whom You want her to be and to serve. Guide her to a desperate place where many souls need her love. Guide her to a place where souls were in darkness without Christ, without hope, and let her reflect Your radiant light among them. We trust Your divine leadings and humbly ask you to answer our united prayer. In Jesus' name. Amen.

      from your sister, Kinuko

      Delete
  4. May God always be with those who in trial and isolation.When we feel lonely,are forced to be alone,we often remember how we need Him.

    Dear sisters,please be true,and confess all what you feel to God even you cannot tell people. I've seen many times He helped me,my fellows in His time.God loves you and never hope to leave you.

    I read this essay for the first time here.So profound. I hope this article be comfort for many believers in trials.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sanae, I will join your sincere prayer. May He give comfort to our sisters who are in trials. As you wisely said, when we are forced to be alone, then we realize how much we need Him. This is so true.
      p.s. Please intercede for Kegan and Irina, for I know your prayer life is deep and He will answer your prayers.
      In Christ,
      Kinuko

      Delete