Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I long to fly to Thee alone!


 

 
Je dédie ce poème pour Mélanie
 
 
Dear Jesus! ‘tis Thy Holy Face
Is here the start that guides my way;
 
Thy countenance, so full of grace,
Is heaven on earth, for me, to-day.
 
And love finds holy charms for me
In Thy sweet eyes with tear-drops wet;
 
Through mine own tears I smile at Thee,
And in Thy griefs my pains forget.
 
How gladly would I live unknown,
Thus to console Thy aching heart.
 
Thy veiled beauty, it is shown
To those who live from earth apart.
 
I long to fly to Thee alone!
 
 
Canticle to the Holy Face,
Thérèse of Lisieux, 1895

 

« Ô Face adorable de Jésus, seule Beauté qui ravit mon cœur, daigne imprimer en moi Ta divine Ressemblance, afin que Tu ne puisses regarder l'âme de Ta petite épouse sans Te contempler Toi-même. Ô mon Bien-Aimé, pour ton Amour, j'accepte de ne pas voir ici-bas la douceur de Ton regard, de ne pas sentir l'inexprimable baiser de Ta bouche, mais je Te supplie de m'embraser de ton Amour, afin qu'il me consume rapidement et fasse bientôt paraître devant Toi. »

-Thérèse de la Sainte Face
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thérèse de Lisieux left many words of faith in her short life.Reading her biography,I knew that some of her colleagues(elder nuns) thought that she was a mediocre sister without great achievement while she lived.But inside her,there were amazing passion for Jesus.

    Accoding to Wikipedia(Japanese),she hoped to go to Indochina as a missionary,but her wish did not come true in her life.Her letters encouraging young missionary are also famous.Doing small work with great love. I think that we can learn a lot from her life...Inconspicuous,but faithful obedience to God.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sanae, thank you so much for your comment and many explanations about the life and faith of Thérèse of Lisieux. We were delighted to discover (while I was in France) that, like you and I, both Caroline and Mélanie love her poems,too! Her simple, pure and passionate love to Jesus is adorable. I wish I will love and seek Jesus like her! Kinuko

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am touched by his dedication! Thank you very much my dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mélanie, you are welcome! Let us continue to gaze upon His gracious face. with much love, Kinuko

    ReplyDelete