Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, February 22, 2016

Detachment; My poem

 

 
detachment- separation, remoteness, distance, disconnection, untying, cutting off, partition

attachment- connection, bond, link, tie, joint, fastening

 

My child,
Be not afraid of detachment.
 
The loss and parting are My work.
 
 
O Lord,
it is too much for me to endure it.
 It is night, and shall be darkness.
 
 
Then let it be night, My child.
 
When it becomes night,
the stars, which were not seen in the daytime,
start to twinkle.
 
The false light,
together with your false attachments,
must be consumed utterly.
 
So that the True light
may shine over
you and
around you.
 
 
at the foot of Acropolis of Athens,
written by Kinuko

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for uproading this poem here. I hope this read by our sisters in trials.After I was given faith in Jesus,I think I was given many blessings.But at the same time,I had to leave many things.

    The line 'The false light together with your false attachments must be consumed utterly.'..It seems to be ongoing still for me,too.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Sanae! Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, me, too. It's an on-going process. Recently I also realized that the false attachments include not only negative things but also (sometimes) "good" things such as spiritual heritage, blessings etc,,if these things hinder me from being more humble in front of Him and people. In this case, I experienced that He took them away from me and guided me to the "desert". His dealing with us is so profound, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,right! And I think that this ongoing process also changes our values.Sometimes I come to notice that what I've thought 'good things' are not so important to walk this way.And feel like more separated from valaues of this world.

    This experience is not always comfortable,but necessary.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Sanae


    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,yes, Sanae. Your profound comment reminds me of the Word from Hebrews;
    "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." Heb.12:11

    May our Father refine us day by day. Help us to accept His discipline even when we don't understand the reason behind. Kindle our love to You and to each other more and more so that we can walk this journey joyously and passionately. In Jesus' name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete