Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Friday, February 26, 2016

In Thee is refuge, safety for my trembling soul

 

Blessèd Lord, in Thee is refuge,
Safety for my trembling soul,
Pow’r to lift my head when drooping
Midst the angry billows’ roll.
I will trust Thee, all my life Thou shalt control.
 
 
In the past, too unbelieving
Midst the tempest I have been,
And my heart has slowly trusted
What my eyes have never seen.
Blessèd Jesus, teach me on Thine arm to lean.
 
 
O, for trust that brings the triumph
When defeat seems strangely near;
O, for faith that changes fighting
Into vict’ry’s ringing cheer!
Faith triumphant, knowing not defeat nor fear.
 
 
Faith triumphant—blessèd vict’ry!
Every barrier swept away,
Heaven descending, joy and fullness,
Dawn of everlasting day!
Jesus only, Him to love and Him obey.
 
 
-Herbert Booth (1862-1926)
 
 
 
 
Refuge
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. (Psalm 46:1-3)
 
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. (Psalm 27:5)
 
Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. (Psalm 31:20)
 
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress. (Psalm 71:3)
 
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. (Psalm 18:2)
 
 
Prayer
O Lord, in Thee is our refuge! In the time of trouble, hide me in Thy pavilion, O hide me in the secret of Thy tabernacle and set me up upon a rock. In Jesus' name. Amen.
  

2 comments:

  1. Although separated by distance, I truly see the spirit working in our day to day lives. I had been reading with my one friend Scriptures from the Psalms that reflected on our habitation. So many of these same verses were what we discussed. I'm so thankful that what the Lord has given you, Kinuko, is also something he's laying on the hearts of many of us as well. It is sweet fellowship to be sure! Love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is so wonderful to hear that the same words have touched both of us! I have been thinking of you these days (especially yesterday)and was glad to hear from you, Ruthie.Please send my best regards to Brian.Love and thanks, Kinuko

    ReplyDelete