Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, February 1, 2016

Little Maiden's "Bend" in the Road: how the path beyond it goes?

 

 

"When I left Queen's, my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend, Marilla. I wonder how the road beyond it goes--what there is of green glory and soft, checkered light and shadows--what new landscapes--what new beauties--what curves and hills and valleys further on."

-Anne of Green Gables, Chapter 38, The Bend in the road

 
Dear my sisters,

As I briefly shared with you what I've been through recently, there occurred an earnest quest in my soul as to the biblical and authentic baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Our earthly life is short and it's just one-time. And I sincerely wish that my life will be fully spent for His glory and for His cause. And for this very reason (and not for self-gratification or satisfaction), I want to be still for a while, putting aside my former theological assumptions and ideas, and simply read the Words of God prayerfully. Well, I don't know what lies around the bend, but like Anne of Green Gables, I'm going to believe that the best does.

So, you might not see my updates for a while, but if the Lord guides me, then, for sure, I will come back to write again!
 
 
 

 
Light Shining out of Darkness
 
God moves in a mysterious way,
His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,
And rides upon the storm.
 
Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never-failing skill,
He treasures up his bright designs,
And works his sov'reign will.
 
Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take,
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy, and shall break
In blessings on your head.
 
Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust him for his grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.
 
His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding ev'ry hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flow'r.
 
Blind unbelief is sure to err,
And scan his work in vain;
God is his own interpreter,
And he will make it plain.
 
-William Cowper

 

No comments:

Post a Comment