Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Think through me


 

 
Think through me,
Thoughts of God;
 
My Father, quiet me,
Till in Thy holy presence, hushed,
I think Thy thoughts with Thee.
 
 
Think through me,
Thoughts of God,
 
That always, everywhere,
The stream that through my being flows
May homeward pass in prayer.
 
 
Think through me,
Thoughts of God,
 
And let my own thoughts be
Lost like the sand-pools on the shore
Of the eternal sea.
 
 
 
-Amy Carmichael
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I have such a lack of focus even when I'm praying. My mind will just float off in some other direction. This poem is a helpful reminder that I need to quiet myself and let the Lord think through me. Thankyou again, Kinuko, for this thought! - Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruthie,
    Good morning and thank you for your comment! I am happy that this poem touches your heart, too. I am praying that He would indeed think through me and that my vain thoughts and ideas will be lost. with love, Kinuko

    ReplyDelete