Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A Corn of Wheat




If I refuse to be a corn of wheat that falls into the ground and dies
 (“is separated from all in which it lived before”),
 then I know nothing of Calvary love.


-Amy Carmichael



In a letter from a prospective missionary, one young woman asked Amy what it was like to be a missionary. Amy wrote back, "Missionary life is simply a chance to die.Amy never returned to England. She remained in India and it was there where she died in 1951.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kinuko, Amy Carmichael's life has inspired me so much. Thank you for quoting this passage. So many things in our lifes are chances to die, right? And still, how often do I want to refuse to fall into the ground and die?
    Have you read the book "A Chance to Die" from Elisabeth Elliot about Amy Carmichael? It is a real inspiration to follow our LORD JESUS at all costs.
    With love, in CHRIST, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Sabine. I've read "A Chance to Die" by Elizabeth Elliot. It seems like we have a kindred-spirit, don't we? "God's Missionary" by Amy Carmichael inspired me as well!

      Delete
  2. Dear Kinuko, I think that the kindred spirit is the Holy Spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete