Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Friday, September 23, 2016

A Little Maiden's Song; When She Feels She Is A Failure





Always striving, and yet always failing,
Always serving, and yet always missing the mark,
Always running, and yet always slipping and falling down.
Wishing to encourage others, and yet offending them instead.

Lord, I don't know why I am so foolish and thoughtless.
Recklessness and rashness are tailing me
wherever I go,
whatever I do.

So, the little maiden went to a forest and there she wept.
And wept herself to sleep under the oak tree.

"Wake up, my daughter," a gentle Voice whispered.
Opening her eyes, she found herself in her Father's arms.
"O Daddy", she clung to Him and poured her heart tearfully.
"Daddy, you know how much I wanna be your good daughter. 
But I can't. I just can't do that, I always fail."

"My dear daughter, remember that when you fail and slip, 
you are falling deep down in My arms." 



written by Kinuko

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Kinuko, for this wonderful poem. Yes, HIS grace and love are always sufficient, even amidst painful failure. May our dear LORD gently carry you through this day and bless your heart!

    May I post this poem on my G+ site?

    With love, in CHRIST, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sabine, thank you so much for your kind words. I wrote this poem out of my real experiences. Yes, of course, you can post this poem on your G+ site. with much love and sisterly affection, Kinuko

      Delete
  2. Love it! I can totally identify with this struggle! Thanks for the beautiful poem and your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I was encouraged by your loving comment!! In Christ, Kinuko

      Delete