Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, October 3, 2016

Testimony Of A Former Female-Preacher : The Beauty Of God's Creation Order And The Complementarian Role Of Women At Home And In The Church.


Hello, my dear readers. Here is my voice message for sisters. (recorded in Farsi.)





English translation
In the name of Jesus Christ. Warm greetings to my beloved Farsi/Dari speaking sisters in Christ. I love you dearly as I love my own people.

Today, I'd like to think over the meaning of "womanhood" in a biblical sense with you.

I used to preach or rule over men in the church and I had thought it right to do so.

However, through various experiences and by the grace of God, Christ opened my spiritual eyes to see that my being as a female preacher was indeed unbiblical and I repented it wholeheartedly.

And after repentance, the Holy Spirit poured amazing spiritual blessings upon me. Yes, for the first time in my life, I understood the beauty of the creation order of God!

The Bible explains that in terms of nature or essence (ουσια, φυση), men and women are completely equal. However, in terms of roles/function/order (ταξις),we are different.

In 1 Timothy 2:12, it says;
" I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet." (ESV)

Some people read this verse and conclude negatively that God of the Bible wants to restrict woman's ability or talents. But it is not true! The fact is that this command is not a restriction but rather a protection and His tender love toward me and all the Christian sisters.


Being in nature, we feel peace and comfort inside. Why?

Because in the world of nature, there is harmony and order. A little tree never complains and says ; "why am I not like that big tree?" Or a grass never murmurs and says; "why am I not a lily?" Every creation is settled in a place where God has set for each, and living with peace and calm acceptance.

And I believe that you and I are so, too.

After believing Jesus Christ as our Savior, we've become His new creation. And, --like delicate lovely flowers--, each one of us is called to reflect His indescribable beauty to the world. May God bless you all. Amen.


14 comments:

  1. I've never seen such a gifted, able and dedicated Japanese Christian like you. I'm greatly encouraged as well as totally amazed to see you doing this. I bet God is pleased so much in this endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bro. David, thank you so much for your kind words. I remember the words from the book of Ecclesiastes that there is a time for everything under the heaven. This time, I've had a keen sense inside me that I should not be silent nor hesitant nor afraid of men but that I should be bold and testify the eternal validity of His word regarding the gender roles. Also, thanks to your wise counsel regarding assessment of the historic role of the pentecostal churches from a broader view of the matter, I could add some useful lines on my previous post. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Kinuko, for sharing your testimony! May GOD continue to bless you!

    I will try to write down a testiony for you, too. For now, my mother-in-law which is very sick with cancer is living with us and my days are very full taking care for her and my family.

    With love in CHRIST, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sabine, guten morgen! Thank you for your response in the midst of your full service at home. It must be so painful to see your mother-in-law in sick bed! Oh, may God sustain her until the end. Your kind heart must soften others around you, my dear Sabine. By the way, we've had strong connections with believers in Germany and we are looking forward to seeing each one of them again! And I hope to see you while we are on this earth, if the Lord willing. Whenever you have spare time, yes, please share with me your headcovering testimony. I will be away for a while and be back again in November. Please send my best regards to your family.

      p.s. I love German Christian poets such as Gerhard Tersteegen, Paul Gerhalt etc...Here is one poem written by Tersteegen.

      Gleich wie die Luft erscheint bei angenehmen Tagen,
      So heiter, rein und still soll dein Gemüte sein.
      So schaust du Gott in dir und wirst auch ihm behagen,
      Sein wonnereiches Licht macht sich dem Geist gemein.
      -Gerhard Tersteegen

      Delete
  3. I shared this blog article on the HCM FB account. I hope people take a peek at it.
    https://www.facebook.com/headcovering/?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent a message to HCM on FB and asked them to look at your voice message. Hope they will do what they can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bro. David, thank you so much for your support. I did what I could with my feebleness and timidity. May He purify all the stains and uncleaned things inside me and forgive my sins in Jesus' name. I entrust it to Him and His almighty Hands. Thank you again for your support. In Christ, Kinuko

      Delete
  5. Reading dialogue between you and Sabine,I felt that this testimony can be shared with many refugees in EU who have Farsi/Dari background.I've heard that many of them met Christ,were baptized.

    May God bring this message to all who need it.
    I know that there are many Iranian/Afgani christians outside their home country.May it be an encouragement to our Farsi/Dari brothers and sisters who are away from their homeland,too.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sanae, thank you so much for your understanding. After publishing the posts, there has been spiritual warfare and I asked Him to hide me under His wings. Often times, I myself is amazed by my bold action but then I feel so much feeble and fragile. It reminds me of Peter on the sea, walking towards Jesus. When he gazed upon Him, he could walk on the water, but once he looked at the wild wind and trembled, he started to sink. "30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” (Matt.14:30) Now I won't think anything else but to gaze my eyes on Jesus and say, "Lord, save me!". with love and thanks, Kinuko

      Delete
  6. It's hard to find a church that maintains the Biblical balance of men-women. One of my Christian friends is studying to become a pastor. She believes it's not a problem. I talked to her about the role of men and women at church, she stated that I was old-fashioned and she finds head covering practice obsolete.
    P.S. You sound amazing speaking Farsi
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Irina, thank you so much for your comment and your sharing. I think your friend's view is getting more and more "mainstream" among evangelicals and we are going to be a minority few. That's why we need each other's presence all the more. Irina, let us stick to each other like a loving "glue"!! Kinuko

      Delete
  7. > she finds head covering practice obsolete

    I can understand how they think about the practice. But by saying it's obsolete, they actually mean what the Bible teaches is obsolete. This is problematic and they should be aware of their failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bro.David, thank you for your comment! I do appreciate your contribution and help. May God bless you.

      Delete
    2. Bro.David, thank you for your comment! I do appreciate your contribution and help. May God bless you.

      Delete