Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Monday, November 21, 2016

At A Village Port ; On Eternity


           a village port in Thessaloniki

"Our hearts are restless until they rest in You."

-Augustine, the Confessions 


The soul groans; O vanity of vanities! Vanity of vanities. All is vanity."

"All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thiether they return again."


O Eternity! Eternity!

O Eternal power, whose high abode, becomes the grandeur of a God.

The glories of Thy mind leave all our soaring thoughts behind.

Thou art in heaven, and men below.

O my soul, be still and know that He is thy God, the Creator.









2 comments:

  1. Everything we have can be lost,and all of us have to pass away someday.But God never changes, and He remains.How marvelous that by Jesus we can be with Him forever.

    I do'nt know what will happen to my life in the future,what kind of ending I have to experience,but still I have Whom we can rely on.My God,my saviour.

    May there be always His will in our life.And God bless you on your mission trip,Kinuko.

    Sanae



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sanae,
      I was so encouraged by your words which were full of faith to our Savior Jesus Christ! In me, inner groaning and longing coexist and they are crying out for deliverance. May the death and resurrected life of Jesus Christ be in our depths. Amen. Kinuko

      Delete