Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Life's Autumn




Great giver of my lovely green in Spring,
A dancing, singing green upon my tree, 
My green has passed; 

I have no song to sing;
What will my Autumn be?

Must it be, though alive, 
as all but dead, 
A heavy-footed and 
a silent thing?
Effectless, sapless, tedious, limited,
A withered vanishing?

...........

Thus I; but He to me:
"Have I not shown 
In Autumn woodland and on mountain fell
The splendor of My purpose for Mine own?
Fear not, for all is well. 

"And thou shalt see, My child,
what I will do,
For as thy lingering Autumn days unfold,
The lovely, singing green of hitherto
Will come to thee in gold."


--Amy Carmichael





4 comments:

  1. Dear Kinuko, that is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!
    :) In CHRIST, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sabine, thank you for your comment! Here is a beautiful hymn video which I'd like to share with you:)

    J. S. Bach / O Sacred Head, Now Wounded - Christian Hymn / Lyrics (Choir) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRvMx8uWaX4

    ReplyDelete