Do you want to read this site in other languages?

Friday, November 25, 2016

The necessity of being fully-possessed by Him; An encouragement for young passionate Christian girls who are suffering from emotional instabilities





Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

-Frances R. Havergal, 1874


"Ever, only, all for Thee." At an age of 38, Miss Havergal wrote the above beautiful consecration hymn. Another passionate Christian woman and a missionary to India exclaimed;

Oh, Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God!


Amy Wilson Carmichael

It is a wonderful prayer, isn't it? But imagine you have become His fuel, flame of God indeed. Then what will happen? Do people rush to approach you, embrace you and accept you as you are? No way! The opposite is true. The people around you start to run away from you and even dismiss you, because of your extraordinary heat, passion and pure fire. 

Think of the life and character of Elijah, His fiery prophet. He was a flame of God, who proclaimed that the LORD of hosts liveth (1 Kings 18:15) and dared to confront the Baal worship preachers and prophets. 



Does he have a big supporting group then? No. Basically he was alone. To put it in other words, his divine mission and His flame in him somehow forced him to be treated by others like this. There was no other choice.


Great eagles fly alone; great lions hunt alone; great souls walk alone-alone with God. Such loneliness is hard to endure, and impossible to enjoy unless God accompanied. Prophets are lone men; they walk alone, pray alone and God makes them alone. 
-Leonard Ravenhill


Struggling point for young passionate sisters


So, if you are like me, you have a burning passion for Christ and His Kingdom. In a word, you are a living volcano in this generation. And in our dictionary,--fortunately or unfortunately--, there are no words like "moderate", "mediocre", "average" etc...

No matter how we try to be moderate, somehow our inherent passionate tendency will drive us to be "radical" and "extraordinary." Our cups are overfilled and boiled. 

However, many of us have common struggles; that is our emotional ups and downs. Because you have been rejected by people around you so many times so far (because of the above tendency) that, deep inside you, there exists an anxiety/fear to be rejected again or a longing for acceptance, which makes you feel vulnerable, insecure or deserted.


Solution


Now let me share with you how I have deal with these issues. First;

Nobody will (can) fully accept you or embrace you, expect God.

Let us face and calmly accept this simple fact. And accept it literally. Though it sounds like a solemn, merciless statement, I've learned that, to accept this simple truth is the starting point of our joyful spiritual journey. Why "joyful"? Because it is where our second climbing point starts; that is,

It is necessary--absolutely necessary--for young passionate sisters to be fully possessed by Him!

We are volcanoes, right? And the work of the living volcano is eruption. Natural and carnal eruption is dangerous, however if the whole volcano is fully possessed by Him, then her spiritual eruption brings incredible eternal fruits for His Kingdom!


So, young ladies, let us consecrate ourselves to Him fully and unreservedly today. O Lord, here we are. Possess us fully and make us Thy fuel, flame of God in this generation. In Jesus' name. Amen. 


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post !!!! So true points you wrote. I think your words will bring deep comfort to many sisters here ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Caro, thank you for your uplifting comment. I started to see His hands in my life more clearly, especially the heavy Hands of God and its profound meanings.

      I realized that all the trials and pains which I have tasted so far were not in vain nor meaningless but had divine and specific purposes.

      The more we pass through trials, the more we are equipped to be powerful comforters and encouragers for those who are going through similar trials, pains and losses. So, we can rejoice in any circumstances in our lives!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, dear Kinuko. I can certainly relate to this post! I do not think my emotional issues stem from rejection, but it would be difficult to explain. Mine is darkness....I can relate to the volcano, because even outside of Christ I have a fiery personality. It has taken time to temper. Now, God is redirecting my flames of passion. He is making my desires like His. I want to be fully possessed by Him. I want to be fully dependent on Him. I want to spend my life and eternity with Him....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kay-chan,

      Thank you so much for your response. Do you remember the poem which you composed last March? Actually, this is one of my most favorites Christian poems and I am going to quote it here so that other sisters can be blessed and inspired by it! I love you so so much, dear Kay-chan, my cute little "volcano"!!

      ------

      ~O For Fire~

      A light set upon a hill.
      A light on a distant shore.
      O light that’s burning still,
      Please burn bright forevermore!

      Be not quenched nor forsaken!
      Be not dead nor cold nor still!
      Be not ever shaken!
      But the world with light now fill!

      O for fire deep within us,
      A fire that burns to the core!
      For fire that shakes the dust,
      And yet burns forevermore!

      —Kegan Cook
      (March 21, 2015)

      "May we, a small band of sisters seeking Truth in God, be fires that cannot be quenched! May we be lights to blinded eyes! May we be healing to the broken, refreshment to the weary, water to the thirsty, warmth to the cold, hope to the bound! May we be little Christs walking in this world, living testimonies for Him!

      May we be faithful ambassadors! May we be pleasing lives lived with no reserves, no retreats, and no regrets! God, mold us into Your image! Make us wholly Thine! We are Yours, Lord! Please use us in this world…"

      ----end-----

      Amen!

      Delete
    2. Oh Kinuko's! You are so sweet! I do remember. It is still a prayer upon my heart. I want to be a light to those who see me. Something gentle and inviting. I want to have that "meek and quiet" or "gentle and quiet" spirit that Scripture talks about (1Peter 3:4). I want to glorify God in not only the decisions I make but also in the spirit with which I make them, with the attitude I have. I think you have that spirit, Kinuko. I want it too....

      Delete