Thursday, December 11, 2014

Blessings beyond the valley of shame


As I shared with you in my previous post (My headcovering testimony), contrary to current cultural and church stream, I decided to cover my head according to the command in 1 Corinthian chapter 11.

And sure enough, I had to pass a valley of shame and loneliness because of this decision. .But oh, praise the Lord! Little did I know that the Lord has actually prepared the best gifts for me.

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, 
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

So, what were the gifts? 

First of all, God has granted me true, intimate friendship with sisters across the globe. Prior to this, sure, I had acknowledged that we were sisters in Christ but it was not so clear because of some other earthly ties. 

However, the lone headcovering experience somehow “forcibly” detached me from my earthly fellowmen and its cultural bonds. And this alienation drove me to seek new connection with sisters who shared the similar convictions regarding headcovering. 

Oh what a blessing these new friendships brought in my life! I have found kindred spirits in them. They have become so dear to me. Indeed, our ties surpass nationality, ethnicity, denominations and ages.

Through the narrow gate of headcovering, I came across the sweet ocean of sisterhood. And I have found and cherished the universality of Christian faith like a hidden treasure.


And this joy prompted me to start a blog in English. I’d like to express how much you are dear to me, my sisters. You are my real fellowmen and co-traveler.