Monday, June 22, 2015

Let Us Support And Encourage Our Dear Headcovering Sister Deborah



I love sister Deborah. Her genuine faith and passion for Jesus Christ have been my inspirations. She is using her artistic talent to make inspirational graphic art. Now let's incline our ears to her testimony regarding this;

 "One of the reasons I began doing word art was that I wanted to flood the internet with God’s word. In the short time I began posting God’s word, and inspirational hymns, in the form of art on a Facebook page, I’ve noticed that it reaches the eyes of sometimes over a hundred people, yet less than a handful press the “like” button or bother to share it.
 
 "Satan often metaphorically whispers in my ear, “See, it’s not good enough for the public eye, why are you even wasting your time?” However, I truly believe he suppresses the Christian’s desire to share it out of fear of man. I will not give up, or become downcast when crude sayings with disturbing background pictures sweep the internet like wildfire while mine go unnoticed. God is still in control! I will reset my focus on creating these solely for Him and let Him do with them as He pleases!"                                         (from "The Power Of Imagery" )
 
This is her art work
 
When I read the above testimony especially her firm determination;"I will not give up", I could not help but admiring her. Here is a noble woman who does not give up but keep proceeding out of her deep love for Christ.

Today, I received a reply from her in the comment section and understood that she has been passing through difficult times because of her head covering practice.

 "Thank you for thinking of me Kinuko! I had a difficult Lord's Day (yesterday) in respect to covering. A (highly respectable and learned) man from our church, whom counseled me against the practice prior to my beginning to cover, expressed (again) his thoughts about the passage and implied (in tone of voice and body language) that what I was doing was silly.

"He adamantly believes Paul makes it clear that the woman'
s hair is a covering, and that the passage is culturally specific. It prompted me to dig around again today, where I found that John Calvin believed (as per his "Institutes Of The Christian Religion") that the practice,ought to be variously accommodated to the customs of each nation and age.


"Needless to say, this has been a difficult journey for me. I wish I could say that I am confident enough to let these things pass, but I am not. All I can say, is I am somewhat weary and I appreciate your prayers on my behalf!"

Now sisters, what do we do? How can we help and encourage our dear sister Deborah? I believe that it is a time for us to surround her with the most tender love and sisterly affection.

  No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12

 Her Covering Testimony is here
 Her blog is here

Deborah, you are not alone. And we shall not let you feel alone. We all love you and stand by you. We share both joy and sadness with you. We are here for each other and thus His love shall be perfected in us. Amen.