Sunday, September 20, 2015

To my dear headcovering sister who has been hurt

 

 

 
Dear my sister,

Ever since that incident occurred, we never cease praying for you. It was so ironic that that person chose you-, one of our most humble and tender sisters, as his target. This person should have known that the headcovering sisters are those who accept headship and male leadership, so if he had something against us, he should have written to our male leader directly instead of attacking individual sisters by name.

I was impressed to see how you've dealt with the issues with complete humbleness and Christ-like brokenness. I've seen that evilness cannot play its mean role on God-fearing person's life, as we see Joseph, who said to his brothers.

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.  Gen 50:20
 
 
 

My dearest friend, I was thinking about our "ship" this morning. A ship called complementarianism. Being a complementarian in the 21st century means, I believe, we venture to live in this wolf-infested world with naked-vulnerability and brokenness. Sometimes, I receive hurtful comments from those who are opposing our way of thinking about creation order and headship.

We, however, don't rely on humanistic arguments nor feminist ideology who portrait themselves as "other" or "victims". We don't claim it even under some circumstances when we have "right" reasons to do so. With all of our weaknesses and pains, we cherish our cross and put it in the center of our hearts. This might be a fragile, risky way, but nonetheless the most assured way. And I believe that only through this narrow gate can we receive life, healing and true recovery in Christ Jesus.

We love you, my dear sister in Christ. You are our hope, joy and crown of rejoicing (1 Th 2:19).

 
With love and sisterly affection,
Kinuko