Friday, May 27, 2016

Thy Eyes

 
"The truth shall set you free."
Thus said the Lord.
 
 But Lord,
Thy truth is dreadful!
 
 It is a death sentence to all kinds of attachment in me.
And it delivers a fatal blow upon my fleeing flesh.
 
So, it is better that the truth
would be veiled moderately.
It is better that the Rugged Cross
would be covered reasonably.
 
So that
we need not face,
nor be hurt,
nor be torn down by it.
 
But alas, how could we ever run away from Thy eyes?
How could we ever reject them?
 
They are there
and gazing at me.
 
Lord Jesus, for me crucified,
Let not my footsteps from Thee slide.
For I would tread where Thou hast trod,
My spirit tender to the glory of God.
 
That glory which meant all to Thee,
Let it mean all, my Lord, to me.
So would I tread where Thou hast trod,
My spirit tender to the glory of God.
 
 
written by Kinuko