Friday, June 3, 2016

I've got convicted that I need to be corrected regarding the "women and theological debate" issue


 

 
Those who read my previous post know that a dear friend of mine challenged me and said it is not desirable for women to write or to involve themselves in theological argumentation.


After publishing that post, I've received wise counsels from various believers which were really edifying. Some of them told me that in the area of informal settings such as blog, there are not (and there should not be) absolute rules as to whether she should (shouldn't) do this or that. Rather, they told me, that each sister must sincerely ask the Holy Spirit for guidance.

So I followed their counsel and sincerely asked the Spirit to show me whether I should correct myself at certain point or I can continue in this way. I opened the Bible and read 1 Timothy 2:11-12 one more time, very carefully and prayerfully.

 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

-learn in silence
-with all subjection
-to be in silence

Then I've got more and more convicted that I do need to be corrected. I used to publish theological articles and discussed various doctrinal issues with men and women, but I came to realize under the light of His word that I should have done those theological research more privately and that I should have been silent in public.

So, my dear ladies. This is my current point on my spiritual journey. It is my desire and prayer that He would transform me into a woman whom He truly desires. I am so grateful for each one of you who sent me emails and gave me useful counsels. May God bless you.